COLUMBUS, Ohio — A 24-year-old woman has been arrested and charged in the fatal shooting of a man on the city’s north side back in February.
According to the Columbus Division of Police, Dashay Avery was arrested Tuesday at an area hotel and charged with murder for her participation in the death of 42-year-old Jonathan Reddy.
The shooting happened on Feb. 3 around 12:30 a.m. in the 1000 block of E. Dublin Granville Road.
According to police, 17-year-old Harrison Finklea met with Reddy at a hotel in the area. Finklea got into Reddy's vehicle and after a short interaction, he allegedly shot Reddy.
Police said Finklea then fled the scene with Avery, who was waiting nearby.
Upon arrival, officers found Reddy suffering from a gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead by medics at 12:56 a.m. Reddy’s death is the 10th homicide in the city this year.
Finklea turned himself in on Feb. 21. He is charged with murder and aggravated robbery.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to call Columbus Police Homicide Unit at (614) 645-4730 or Central Ohio Crime Stoppers at (614) 461-TIPS (8477).
- Police: Pregnant woman carjacked in Grove City
- 2 men charged with felonious assault in Etna Township shooting
- Man sentenced to at least 11.5 years for 2021 homicide, assaulting police officer earlier this month
- Police: Woman turns self in for fatal shooting of 15-year-old boy in Mansfield
- Westerville father makes court appearance after being charged in 4-month-old daughter's death
- Man facing 9 charges in incident that caused panic at Columbus Zoo