COLUMBUS, Ohio — In a bid to create a long-term vision for the Ohio Expo Center and surrounding attractions, Governor Mike DeWine announced a new task force to develop that plan.
The task force, dubbed "Expo 2050," will develop and recommend a long-term plan for the center, which includes the Ohio State Fair and nearby attractions like the Ohio History Connection and MAPFRE Stadium.
“At the Ohio State Fair and other events that occur here, there are countless ways to have fun. We need to find ways to keep that excitement going all year long,” DeWine said in a news release. “Today, I am announcing the formation of a task force, called ‘Expo 2050,’ to take stock of all of the great things going on at the Ohio Expo Center, as well as the Ohio History Connection and MAPFRE Stadium, and to develop a strategic vision for the entire area.”
"Expo 2050" will be tasked with reviewing the experience at the Ohio Expo Center, the Ohio History Connection and MAPFRE Stadium to develop ideas for getting the most out of the areas.
According to the announcement, the members will attend the Ohio State Fair, see a home Columbus Crew SC game, tour Ohio History Connection and attend the All American Quarter Horse Congress at the Ohio Expo Center in the fall.
The task force members include:
- Mike Curtin, Former State Representative, Ohio’s 17th House District (co-chair)
- Lydia Mihalik, Director, Ohio Developmental Services Agency (co-chair)
- Alissa Belna-Muhlenkamp, Junior Fair Board Coordinator, Ohio State Fair
- Hearcel F. Craig, State Senator, Ohio’s 15th Senate District
- Andy Doehrel, Chairman, Ohio Expositions Commission
- Sandy Doyle-Ahern, President, EMH&T
- Col. Richard Fambro, Superintendent, Ohio State Highway Patrol
- Shannon Hardin, President, Columbus City Council
- Elizabeth Harsh, Executive Director, Ohio Cattlemen's Association
- Burt Logan, Executive Director & CEO, Ohio History Connection
- Robert Lorimer, President, The Arnold Sports Festival
- Mary Mertz, Director, Ohio Department of Natural Resources
- Curt Moody, CEO, Moody Nolan
- Keith Myers, Vice President of Planning, Architecture, and Real Estate, Ohio State University
- Dr. Scott Myers, CEO, All American Quarter Horse Congress
- Dorothy Pelanda, Director, Ohio Department of Agriculture
- Bob Peterson, State Senator, Ohio’s 17th Senate District
- John Rogers, State Representative, Ohio’s 60th House District
- Virgil Strickler, General Manager, Ohio Exposition Center & State Fair
- Paul Zeltwanger, State Representative, Ohio’s 54th House District