x
Breaking News
More () »

WBNS-10TV Columbus, Ohio | Columbus News, Weather & Sports |

Unattended cooking led to deadly fire at Westerville apartment

A woman, 32-year-old Chaude Reed, died in the fire.
Credit: 10TV

WESTERVILLE, Ohio — Westerville fire investigators said unattended cooking led to a deadly fire at an apartment on Oct. 17.

Firefighters were called to the fire on North Virginia Lane around 5:20 a.m.

A woman, 32-year-old Chaude Reed, died in the fire.

No one else was hurt.

The Westerville Division of Fire said working smoke detectors alerted other people in the apartment building who were able to get out safely.

About 20 people were displaced because of the fire and received assistance from the Red Cross.