COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Ohio Department of Health will update COVID numbers every Thursday at 2 p.m.
In March 2022, ODH announced that the state would transition from daily to weekly reporting.
In addition to monitoring COVID cases in the state, ODH also tracks the vaccination status of Ohioans. For more information on the number of individuals who have started and completed a COVID-19 primary vaccination series and received booster doses, click here.
Below is a summary of the key reporting changes regarding positive cases:
- COVID-19 new and cumulative cases, hospitalizations, ICU admissions, and vaccinations that are currently updated daily at coronavirus.ohio.gov will be updated weekly on Thursdays. Cases will continue to be assigned to the appropriate illness onset date, and vaccinations to their appropriate administration date.
- Newly reported COVID-19 deaths (currently reported twice weekly on Tuesdays and Fridays) will be reported on Thursdays and will continue to be assigned to the appropriate date of death.
- Data about long-term care facilities, as well as the reports from partner agencies (Developmental Disabilities, Veteran’s Homes, Youth Services, Mental Health and Addiction Services and Rehabilitation and Corrections), will be published weekly on Thursdays.
- K-12 schools are not required to report positive COVID-19 cases to their local health departments, unless the school tests a student for COVID-19 and the result is positive. In addition, the COVID-19 School Reporting dashboard will be archived.
COVID-19 Vaccine Resources from ODH:
- Ohio's central scheduling system: gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov
- All vaccine providers: vaccine.coronavirus.ohio.gov
- More vaccine information: coronavirus.ohio.gov/vaccine
For more information on Ohio's response to COVID-19, visit coronavirus.ohio.gov or call 1-833-4-ASK-ODH.