COLUMBUS, Ohio — Pop quiz: what’s in the trunk of your car? 10TV’s Clay Gordon sprung the question on several of our colleagues - and they have video evidence of what they found: a walking stick, a wagon and a unicorn laptop.
If you asked AAA, the safety experts would say some of our crew were missing critical items that can be life-saving, especially during the winter months.
Here’s a checklist:
- Cell phone and car charger (glove compartment)
- First-aid kit (glove compartment)
- Blanket (luggage area)
- Drinking water/snacks for everyone in the car including pets (some in glove compartment, the rest in the luggage area)
- Flashlight with extra fresh batteries
- Rags, paper towels or pre-moistened wipes
- Basic set of tools along with duct tape and car emergency warning devices such as road flares or reflectors (luggage area)
- Ice scraper/snow brush
- Jumper cables/jump pack
- Traction aid such as sand, salt or non-clumping cat litter
- Tarp, raincoat and gloves
AAA adds to be sure to replenish any depleted items as needed.