WATCH: Mayor Ginther provides update on Smart Columbus initiative
Mayor Andrew Ginther provided an update on the status of the Smart Columbus initiative.
The city of Columbus was awarded a $40 million grant last year to advance transportation technology. They beat out six other cities to win the grant.
The city released the following ways they would spend the funds:
- The use of autonomous vehicles at Easton Town Center
- Pilot system to increase personal transit service in Linden
- Smartphone app for truckers at Rickenbacker International Airport to make traffic more efficient
- Smartphone for visitors to Columbus
- New traffic signal system