Ohio State defensive end Chase Young has been named the recipient of the Chuck Bednarik Award given to the nation’s top defensive player.
Young is the first Buckeye to win the award.
In 2019, Young leads the nation is sacks (16.5), sacks per game (1.50), sack yards (117) and tackles-for-loss per game (1.91).
His 21.0 total TFLs ranks fourth while is 129 total TFL yards and six forced fumbles are second.
Young’s 2019 season accolades now include:
- Big Ten Nagurski-Woodson Defensive Player of the Year
- Big Ten Smith-Brown Defensive Lineman of the Year
- Chicago Tribune Silver Football Award winner
- First Team All-Big Ten
- Ted Hendricks Award winner
- Nagurski Trophy winner
- Chuck Bednarik Award winner
Young was also named a finalist for the Heisman Trophy along with the Walter Camp and Maxwell awards.