This week on Face The State:
- Budget Showdown - The House and the Senate have released their versions of the budget plan. The Senate plans include restoring several tax exemptions such as the tax break for small business owners making up to $250,000 a year. That's a very different idea than what the House laid out. House Speaker Larry Householder says he doesn't buy into the concept that the tax break can encourage business owners to create jobs. We look at what's next and if an agreement can be reached.
- Money for Education - Fast-growing Ohio school districts are slated for more funding under the Senate budget. GOP leaders suggest putting more than $37 Million into schools where funding has been capped. Changes to scholarships and security.
- A Journalist Lost - Longtime Ohio Statehouse reporter Jim Siegel unexpectedly passed away at 46 years old last week. He had been with the paper since 2005. Condolences and prayers poured in from Ohio lawmakers. You can read it final story here.
Guests this week:
- Elizabeth Brown – Pro Tem Columbus City Council
- Dr. Paul Beck - Professor Emeritus at Ohio State
- Lauren Huddleston - Attorney, Grant Street Consultants
- Darrel Rowland - The Columbus Dispatch