ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — A St. Petersburg repairman is accused of raping a 7-year-old girl and giving her an STD.
Darrius Woods-White, 26, is charged with sexual battery on a child less than 12 years old.
A Pinellas County arrest affidavit says he was doing work on a home where the girl and her mom were staying. On two separate occasions, the affidavit says he was left alone with the girl and sexually abused her – once in her room and the other time in her mother's room.
Investigators say the child later felt a burning sensation and was taken to the hospital, where she tested positive for chlamydia.
Woods-White was arrested Thursday afternoon and jailed without bond.
- How long does COVID-19 vaccine immunity last?
- Manatee County declares state of emergency over breach at former Piney Point phosphate plant
- Surgeon and teen share game of soccer after heart transplant
- Why some Florida teachers aren't happy with DeSantis' proposal to give every teacher a $1K bonus
- 48 killed in Taiwan train crash
- What to do this Easter weekend across the Tampa Bay area
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter