Thursday is the official kickoff to Wildlights 2016 at the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium.
Zoo members can attend Thursday's lighting event as a preview night before the attraction opens to the public Friday. The event will run through January 1 excluding Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Facts About Wildlights This Year
- Our facilities team estimates that we strung up 3 million lights.
- We estimate that there is a half million increase from last year. Also, we have a brand-new 42-ft tall “Sparkling Spruce” that displays light and sounds to delight Zoo guests of all ages!
- Our grounds maintenance crew started installing the lights the first week of September.
- Holiday Skate Rink
- Santaland Zoo
- Animated Musical Light Show
- Character Christmas Shows
- Do You Want To Build A Snowman Seek-And-Find
- Santa's Reindeer Corral
- Oak Ridge Bears Jingle Jamboree
- Polar Express
- Sundays-Thursdays: 5-9 p.m.
- Fridays and Saturdays: 5-10 p.m.
- (The Zoo opens daily at 10 a.m.)
For more information, please visit the zoo's website.