May is National Beef Month.
And since it's Memorial Day Weekend, the first cookout weekend of the summer, we're talking about affordable cuts and sharing some recipes using beef.
Joining us is Nicole Shook-Moya with Nicole's Catering.
Asian Style Shredded Beef
• 3/4 tsp. Keystone Soup Base in 1 cup of water
• ½ cup soy sauce
• ½ cup light brown sugar
• 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
• 1 Tbsp. chili garlic sauce
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tsp grated ginger
• 1 can (28 oz.) Keystone Meats Beef
• 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
• 2 tsp sesame seeds
• 2 tsp chopped green onion
1. In a small bowl, whisk together Keystone Beef Soup Base mix, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, chili garlic sauce, garlic and ginger.
2. Add Keystone Beef to mixture.
3. After beef is warm, whisk 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with the sauce in the pan.
4. Cover and cook until broth is a thick consistency. Before serving, stir in sesame seeds and green onions.>
Shredded Beef Enchiladas
• 2 can (28 oz.) Keystone Beef
• Salt and pepper
• 1 ½ tsp Keystone Beef Soup Base in 2 cups water
• 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
• 1 cup salsa
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• 1 tsp chili powder
• 1 tsp onion powder
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 2 Tbsp. cornstarch mixed with 2 Tbsp. water to make a "slurry"
• 10 - 12 large flour tortillas
• 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. Whisk together Keystone Beef Soup Base mix, vinegar, salsa, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder. Pour in pan. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Slowly whisk in cornstarch slurry.
3. Taste and add additional salt and pepper, or other seasonings, as needed.
4. Add can of Keystone Beef and warm through.
5. Fill each tortilla with a spoonful of shredded beef and a spoonful of shredded cheese. Roll up and place in the pan, seam-side down. Pour desired amount of sauce over the enchiladas. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly.