Blogger and farmer Jennifer Osterholt joins 10TV's Karina Nova and Ross Caruso to give a step by step guide on how to make a buffalo chicken dip recipe for your March Madness party.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip Ingredients:
- 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 large)
- 3/4 cup water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup ranch or blue cheese dressing
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup hot sauce, such as Cholula or Frank's RedHot®
- 3 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese (about 3/4 cup)
- Crumbed blue cheese, for garnish
- Tortilla chips, corn chips, celery sticks, for serving
- Poach the chicken: Place the chicken breasts and water in a 3-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH until the thickest part of the chicken reaches 165°F on an instant-read thermometer, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Shred the chicken: Cut each chicken breast in thirds and transfer to a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on low speed until chicken is shredded, 1 to 2 minutes. (Alternatively, shred with 2 forks, but do it while the chicken is still warm, as cold chicken can be a little tough and will not shred as easily.)
- Combine dip ingredients: Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker. Add the cream cheese, dressing, hot sauce, and cheddar cheese and stir to combine.
- Cook the dip: Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour, stirring after 30 minutes. The dip is ready when all the cheeses have melted and the dip bubbles around the edges.
- Garnish and serve: Give the dip one final stir, and then sprinkle with the crumbled blue cheese. Lower the heat to WARM and serve with tortilla chips, corn chips, celery sticks, and carrot sticks
Keystone Buffalo Chicken Dip Ingredients:
- 1 can (28 oz) Keystone Chicken, shredded
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 cup blue cheese or ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients, mixing well.
- Spoon into shallow 1-quart baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through; stir.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips or veggies.