COLUMBUS, Ohio - February is Chocolate Lovers' month. Experts say every second, Americans collectively eat around 100 pounds of chocolate. Kuukua Yomekpe with Asempe Kitchen gives us a chocolatey recipe you can try.
• Wholly Wholesome Traditional Pie Dough
• 4.4 oz Hershey's XL Milk Chocolate Bar
• 1 cup mini marshmallows
• 1 egg white, beaten
• 1 tbsp granulated sugar or sugar crystals
• 4 lollipop sticks
• Preheat oven to 375°F.
• Roll pie dough onto a lightly floured surface.
• Cut chocolate bar into segments.
• Cut dough into rectangles.
• Knead and roll dough scraps to cut out more rectangles.
• Place 3 chocolate bar segments and about 10 mini marshmallows on a rectangle of dough.
• Top with another rectangle and add a lollipop stick.
• Roll edges and crimp with a fork.
• Place pie pops on a baking sheet and brush with beaten egg whites.
• Sprinkle with sugar.
• Bake at 375°F for 12-15 minutes.
• Allow pie pops to cool for a couple of minutes before pressing the lollipop stick down into the chocolate bar to stabilize it.