Adrienne Raimo, Dietician joins 10TV's Karina Nova to show her how to make a fiesta egg frittata.
Fiesta Egg Frittata
• 10 organic eggs
• 1.5 cups chopped bell peppers
• 1 cup chopped spinach
• 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• I cup diced mushrooms
• 1 tsp chili powder
• ½ tsp cumin
• ½ tsp sea salt
• ½ tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Lightly coat muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or use baking cups.
3. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in pan and add onion, mushrooms, and bell peppers; sauté for about 3 minutes. Add spinach and cook an additional 2 minutes.
4. Place 2 Tbsp of veggies into each muffin cup.
5. Whisk eggs in medium-size bowl with salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over veggies in the muffin tin until about 80% full.
6. Cook for about 25 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. Use butter knife around the edges of the muffin tin to remove egg frittatas.
7. These breakfast treats are best enjoyed hot but can be kept in air-tight container in fridge for up to 5 days.