TAMPA, Fla. — We're only a few weeks away from Super Bowl LV, and that means you may need to find an alternate route while driving in downtown Tampa.
City leaders say several roads are shutting down temporarily ahead of the Super Bowl.
Jan. 16: Closed until 8 p.m. on Feb. 14
- West Green Street between North Boulevard, and West Laurel Street
- West Cypress Street between North Boulevard and the Hillsborough River
Jan. 23: Closed until midnight on Feb. 11
- North Boulevard between West Main Street and West Cypress Street
- West Gasparilla Plaza between West Cass Street and North Ashley Drive
Jan. 25: Closed until midnight on Feb. 10
- West Laurel Street between North Boulevard and Doyle Carlton Drive
The city says barricades and signs will be in place to help with traffic flow and asks drivers to use caution while driving in the area.
This temporary closure coincides with Julian B Lane Riverfront Park closing down to the public in preparation for the Super Bowl LV fan experience. The entire park will close, including the Tampa River Center as well as all courts, playgrounds, fields, and shelters.
The Super Bowl experience will take place entirely outdoors along the Riverwalk and will be free to attend. Activities like interactive games, live concerts, and NFL player autographs are in the works.
The park will reopen after Super Bowl LV on Monday, Feb. 15.
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter