BEREA, Ohio (WKYC) -- As Ohio prepares for the first phase of its reopening process, a new poll shows many are still uncertain about the targeted May 1 date.
Baldwin Wallace released results of an in-depth poll Sunday that covers a variety of topics – many questions surrounding Gov. DeWine and his handling of the coronavirus crisis.
The poll was conducted online between April 20-25 with 797 “self-identified registered voters.”
Do you agree with Gov. DeWine’s plan to start reopening the economy on May 1?
- Strongly disagree: 12.7 percent
- Somewhat disagree: 26.7 percent
- Somewhat agree: 31.6 percent
- Strongly agree: 20 percent
- Unsure: 9.1 percent
On May 1, do you think Gov. DeWine should reopen…
- Yes: 19.5 percent
- Not yet: 66.6 percent
- Unsure: 13.9 percent
- Yes: 27.9 percent
- Not yet: 61.7 percent
- Unsure: 10.5 percent
- Yes: 30.3 percent
- Not yet: 55.9 percent
- Unsure: 13.8 percent
All retail stores?
- Yes: 35.9 percent
- Not yet: 48 percent
- Unsure: 16.1 percent
Hair and nail salons?
- Yes: 33.6 percent
- Not yet: 52.8 percent
- Unsure: 13.6 percent
Places of worship?
- Yes: 31.1 percent
- Not yet: 56.9 percent
- Unsure: 12 percent
Do you approve or disapprove of the way Gov. DeWine is handling COVID-19?
- Strongly disapprove: 2.9 percent
- Somewhat disapprove: 8.4 percent
- Somewhat approve: 29.3 percent
- Strongly approve: 55.7 percent
- Unsure: 3.7 percent
Do you believe Gov. DeWine acted too quickly?
- Acted too quickly: 6 percent
- Acted at the appropriate time: 79.2 percent
- Waited too long to act: 8.2 percent
- Unsure: 6.5 percent
Have you supported or opposed Gov. DeWine’s stay-at-home order to prevent the spreading of COVID-19?
- Strongly opposed: 3.1 percent
- Somewhat opposed: 5.5 percent
- Somewhat supported: 22.4 percent
- Strongly supported: 66.3 percent
- Unsure: 2.7 percent
Do you agree with Gov. DeWine’s decision to close K-12 schools through the end of the academic year?
- Strongly disagree: 3.7 percent
- Somewhat disagree: 5.3 percent
- Somewhat agree: 20.7 percent
- Strongly agree: 65.2 percent
- Unsure: 5.1 percent
How much do you trust Gov. DeWine to provide accurate information on COVID-19?
- A great deal: 54.7 percent
- A fair amount: 35 percent
- Not much: 5.3 percent
- Not at all: 2.2 percent
- Unsure: 2.7 percent
Who do you trust more when it comes to information about COVID-19: President Trump or Gov. DeWine?
- President Trump: 12.2 percent
- Gov. DeWine: 55.7 percent
- Both equally: 24.3 percent
- Neither: 3.9 percent
- Unsure: 4 percent
You can see the full poll results in the document below: