COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Grocery stores in central Ohio have reduced hours to allow for overnight cleaning and restocking amid shopping surges and concerns over the coronavirus.
Some stores are also offering special hours only open to senior citizens - a group more susceptible to severe complications from COVID-19.
Additionally, many retail stores and malls across the county have announced closures to help prevent the spread of the virus and adhere to CDC and government guidelines on limiting the number of people in one area.
OPEN 9am-7pm; Some stores may have limited hours
Cook's Oakland Park IGA
Mon-Sat: 8:00am-8:00pm; Sun: 8:00am-6:00pm
OPEN; First hour dedicated to senior shoppers; Stores close one hour earlier than normal closing times
Starting Sun 3/22, slightly reduced hours (8am-8pm) with special exclusive hours: 6-8am M, W, F for ages 60+; 6-8am Tu & Th for healthcare personnel and first responders
OPEN 7am-10pm | Hourlong period starting at 6 a.m. Monday through Wednesday for customers age 60 or older; More info at www.gianteagle.com/response
OPEN for Ohio stores between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday through Sunday. The first hour of shopping on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. will be dedicated to seniors (60+) and other higher-risk customers starting March 23.
OPEN (adjusted hours) 8am - 10pm | Senior citizen and customers with chronic health conditions on Tuesdays and Thursdays 7-8am | Essential service workers and Meijer team members on Mondays and Wednesdays from 7-8am
Save A Lot
OPEN with reduced hours; More at https://savealot.com/save-lot-community-updates
OPEN -- Most but not all stores open at 8am; All stores will close at 9pm; First hour on Wednesdays reserved for vulnerable guests, including elderly and those with underlying health concerns; more workers will be assigned to focus on online orders and parking lot pickups.
OPEN with revised hours – 9am-7pm
OPEN - Walmart has reduced its hours to 7am - 8:30pm | Hourlong period each Tuesday for customers aged 60 or older, starting an hour before the store opens.
OPEN with adjusted hours; Shoppers 60 years old or older can begin shopping one hour prior to general opening
Abercrombie & Fitch
The Ohio-based clothing store said it is closing all U.S. stores until March 28, while its online site will remain open. A&F subsidiaries Hollister and Gilly Hicks are also closed.
The maker of iPhones and MacBooks said it will close all retail stores until March 27.
Chico's and Chico's Outlet Boutiques
CLOSED until March 30
CLOSED; Online shopping available; Some stores have curbside pickup
Closed through March 28; online ordering still available
The watch retailer has closed all U.S. stores until March 28.
The clothing company has closed 100 stores and reduced hours at its other U.S. locations.
Heritage Square Antique Mall
Closed for estimated 2 weeks beginning 3/21/2020 at 9pm
The Swedish furniture store has closed all 50 store locations and its planning studio in New York City.
The department store has reduced its hours so that locations close at 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 6 p.m. on Sundays. Six stores in Puerto Rico are temporarily closed.
The clothing store has closed its stores nationwide at least through April 1.
The department store chain will be closed until March 31. That includes Bloomingdale's, Bluemercury, Macy's Backstage, Bloomingdales the Outlet and Market by Macy's stores.
The computer store's retail locations will be closed worldwide indefinitely, the company announced.
Nike has closed all of its stores worldwide until March 27.
The upscale clothing chain will be closed for two weeks, the company announced.
Store locations are closed until March 31.
All 167 Recreational Equipment stores will be closed until March 27.
CLOSED until March 30
The cell phone service provider has closed some of its locations and reduced the hours at others to 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. on Sundays.
Starbucks will close stores in areas like Seattle that are seeing wider coronavirus outbreaks. Elsewhere, in the U.S. and Canada, the chain will move to a drive-through-only model for at least two weeks. Some exceptions will be made for those cafes serving in or around hospitals and healthcare centers.
The cell phone service provider has closed about 80% of its company-owned store locations until at least March 31, leaving 20% of stores open. The stores that remain open will operate on reduced schedules from 10am-6pm. All indoor mall locations are closed until further notice, including Metro by T-Mobile stores.
SHORTENED HOURS: 11am-5pm
NOTE: This is not a 100% comprehensive list. It is largely crowdsourced, and not all of it has been independently verified by 10TV. If you see something you know to be incorrect or if you have a possible addition to the list, please let us know via our simple form (link below). Many thanks, and stay safe!