COLUMBUS - Whether running or walking in a race, heading to the finish line to cheer on a loved one or just hoping to get around the crowds, road closures near the Capital City Half Marathon, Quarter Marathon and Commit to be Fit 5k will likely impact drivers’ plans this weekend.
Setup for the events begins Friday, April 26, with road closures beginning at 5 p.m.
- High Street from Broad Street to Rich Street
- W. Town Street from W. Front Street to S. High Street
- E. Town Street from S. Third St. to the Columbus Commons Garage
- E. Rich Street from High Street to S. Third Street
On Race Day, April 27, the Half Marathon, Quarter Marathon and 5K will have "rolling" road closures that will affect streets throughout the city from 7:30am–12:30pm.
All roads will reopen by Saturday, April 27 at 2 p.m.
Read more about the road closures here.
- Preferred & Pre-Paid Parking at Columbus Commons Garages ($10)
- Columbus Commons Underground Parking Garage: 191 South Third Street, Columbus OH, 43215
- Columbus Commons Main Garage: 55 East Rich St., Columbus OH, 43216
- Preferred, pre-paid parking is available at the above-listed Columbus Commons Garages. Please click here for more information and to purchase. A receipt is required if you pre-pay for parking. Please print your receipt and bring it with you the day of the event.
There are a variety of other parking lots and garages in the vicinity of the Columbus Commons that are available on Race Day as low as $5.
Read more about parking for the Cap City Half here.
Go to Google Maps to plan your trip. You can enter your starting and ending addresses as well as the time of your trip. Make sure to click on the bus icon and COTA route information will be shown. Re-routes will occur in the downtown area, but COTA is still able to get you close to the Start / Finish Line at Town and High streets.
From the North:
315 south to 670 east to the Neil Ave. exit
71 south to the Spring St., Main St. or Broad St. exit (Access to 670 west from 71 south will be closed)
From the South:
71 north to 315 north to the Rich St. or Long St. exits
71 north to 315 north to 670 east to the Neil Ave. exit
From the East:
670 west to 71 south to the Spring St., Broad St., or Main St. exits
70 west to the Mound St. exit
From the West:
70 east to 670 east to the Neil Ave. exit
70 east to 315 north to the Rich St. or Spring St. exits
70 east to the Front St. or 4th St. exits
To alleviate the stress of parking on race day we recommend you plan to give yourself plenty of time. You should be parked by no later than 7am.