HEATH, Ohio — Multiple fire crews responded to the scene of a tire fire at a storage facility in the Heath area Sunday. The fire is now out.
According to the Newark Fire Department, they were called to the 300 block of South 30th Street around 6:50 p.m. on a report of a fire.
The Fire Chief from the Heath Fire Department said a "deep" pile of tires caught fire inside the storage facility and caused black smoke in the area. The smoke started to drift toward other neighboring areas.
The fire department told residents to close their windows, run their air conditioner and avoid going outside while the smoke was in the area.
A couple of first responders were overheated and were treated at the scene.
There have not been any transports to the hospital.
The Heath Fire Chief said the smoke could be, "Going for hours, if not days."
The fire was put out early Monday morning.