The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium has announced details for its annual Boo at the Zoo celebration.
This year, the zoo has added a third weekend with the event taking place on October 11-13, 18-20 and 25-27.
Boo at the Zoo begins at 5 p.m. on Friday and 10 a.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. The event ends at 9 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and Sunday at 8 p.m.
All Boo at the Zoo events are included with the prize of zoo admission or membership. Costumes are encouraged.
In addition to a third weekend, the zoo says they have added more activities and attractions.
Check out a list of attractions for this year below. For more information, click here.
- Marvel Superhero Meet and Greets with Spider-Man, Captain Marvel, the Incredible Hulk and Iron Man around Conservation Lake**
- Columbus Zoo Character Ambassador “Meet and Treats” and Rolling Celebrations**, presented by Donatos®
- Hanna’s Hay Ride to and from the North America region
- Pumpkin Smash animal enrichment activities throughout the day
- Surfin’ Safari “HOWL-oween” live demonstrations,**presented by Nationwide®
- Zoo Boo Choo-Choo train rides* through Vertebrate Village, pony rides* in the North America region and Candy Corn Carousel rides on the 1914 Mangels/Illions Carousel*
- The Oak Ridge Bears Halloween Hoedown in Polar Frontier
- Spooky Diver Demonstrations in Discovery Reef in the Shores region (select times)
- Frogwortz Academy Halloween Homecoming in the Asia Quest region
- “Chaos in Wonderland” playing daily at the Shores Park 4-D Theater*
- Pumpkinpalooza located in the Asia Quest region, featuring “Best of Show” performances and storytime with Spookley the Square Pumpkin
- Candy stops located around the Zoo, including a Teal Pumpkin station in Asia Quest for a candy alternative
- Performances by Columbus Dance Arts Academy, Fontana Dance Company, and Starlight Twirlers
- A final journey into the Jurassic Period on the Dinosaur Island boat ride* before it closes for the season on Oct. 13! (First weekend only)