CIRCLEVILLE, Ohio — One person is dead after a house fire in Circleville Monday night.
Circleville police responded to a report of the fire shortly before 7:30 p.m. at a house, which was divided into two apartments, in the 300 block of Logan Street.
Though first to the scene, officers were unable to enter the house because of smoke, according to the Circleville Fire Department.
Arriving fire crews found the victim in the back of one of the apartments.
According to the Circleville fire chief, there were also residents in the main living area at the front of the house when the fire sparked. All of those residents were able to safely make it out.
The Circleville Fire Department said smoke detectors were found inside the home, but they were not working.
The victim's body was sent to the Montgomery County Coroner and is awaiting identification.