As the story of an Ohio seminary student accused of trying to buy a Mexican toddler to have sex with continues unfolding, 10TV found yet another person who thought that something wasn’t quite right when it came to Joel Wright’s interest in children.
10TV first uncovered even more unsettling allegations involving Joel Wright and kids just this week, raising more concerns that there were questions even before federal agents busted the 23-year-old reportedly en route to Tijuana carrying a few thousand dollars, baby clothes and baby bottles.
A Steubenville police report indicates an Ohio Valley mother says she responded to a craigslist ad posted by someone named “Joel” who said he was willing to pay parents $150 to watch their children.
The woman told detectives that “Joel” told her he was a student at Franciscan University and sent a photo that University security identified as Joel Wright.
TIMELINE: Horrifying Details Uncovered In Seminary Student’s Quest For Child Sex (WARNING: Explicit content)
Steubenville is home to the Steubenville Diocese which sponsored Wright’s education at the Pontifical College Josephinum in Columbus.
Wright first attended Franciscan University of Steubenville and he was enrolled at or around the time that police report was filed.
A school spokesperson said they read about the babysitting allegations on social media before Wright attended the Josephinum and they too notified Steubenville Police.
But why Franciscan University told detectives at the Steubenville Police department about the allegations and didn’t mention telling the Josephinum is unclear.
The Steubenville Diocese, Franciscan University, Steubenville Police and the woman who filed the report all said they were told by Homeland Security not to comment about anything related to Joel Wright, the federal case against him or the “babysitting” allegations.
Wright remains in federal custody awaiting an upcoming February preliminary hearing.
- Ohio Seminary Student Accused Of Traveling To San Diego Seeking Sex With Infants
- Columbus Seminary Responds To Child Sex Investigation
- Seminary Student's Past Reveals Troubling Information
- Horrifying Details Uncovered In Seminary Student’s Quest For Child Sex
- Mother Of Accused Seminary Student: 'He's Innocent'
- Former Seminary Student Wanted To Pay Parents To Watch Their Children: Police Report
- Alleged Informant: Joel Wright Told Me He Wanted To Have Sex With A Baby
- How The So-Called Tipster Scammed, Then Exposed Joel Wright