Due to the pandemic, we are unable to hold our Big 10TV Toy Drive this holiday season. However, it will happen virtually, and we want to make it as successful as possible... because every child deserves a toy at Christmas.
That's why WBNS-10TV is teaming up with the Salvation Army of Central Ohio, Safe Harbor Retirement Group and Danbury Senior Living for a virtual toy drive.
Ahead of that, 10TV will celebrate the "10 Days of Giving." Each day from Nov. 25 through Dec. 4, a story related to the Salvation Army will be featured on 10TV News. Links to watch those stories are at the bottom of this page.
For the toy drive, there are four ways to participate.
1. You can drop off new toy donations by Dec. 4 at the following locations:
- The Salvation Army East Main location – 966 E. Main Street, Columbus, Ohio, 43205; Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- The Salvation Army Chapel at Worthington Woods location – 760 Worthington Woods Blvd., Columbus, Ohio, 43085; Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Safe Harbor Retirement Group – 6099 Frantz Rd., Dublin, Ohio, 43017 OR 4449 Easton Way, Columbus, Ohio, 43219; 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- Danbury Senior Living Columbus – 2870 Snouffer Rd., Columbus, Ohio, 43235; 9 a.m. until 7 p.m. (drop-off location inside vestibule)
2. Text 10TVToys to 91999
4. Ship toys from the toy wish list to the Salvation Army at 966 East Main Street, Columbus, OH 43205
If you opt for that last option, you can select a retail vendor of your choice and have the toys shipped directly to that address.
10 DAYS OF GIVING
12/4 = Columbus Blue Jackets helping out in toy drive
12/3 = Woman who lost mom days before Christmas last year is hopeful this year
12/2 = First Merchants Bank helps provide joy during giving season
12/1 = Mother grateful for job, help from Salvation Army during holidays
11/30 = Worthington Industries helping to give back during holiday season
11/29 = Salvation Army provided hope to mother of 7 when she lost home
11/28 = Giving back now more important than ever
11/27 = Family helping those in need during holidays
11/26 = Columbus mother of 3 hoping to bring children Christmas despite losing job
11/25 = Big 10TV Toy Drive going virtual in 2020