Cat Saves Owners From Carbon Monoxide


A tabby cat’s cries were enough of a warning to get a couple out of a home that was filled with carbon monoxide.

Michelle and Rod Ramsey said that they went to bed early the other night because they did not feel well.

Their cat, Tiger, meowed at the side of Michelle and Rod Ramsey’s bed until they woke up.

“We thought maybe we had some food poisoning,” Michelle said. “He came into the bedroom, screaming in a cat voice.”

Ramsey said that she called their veterinarian when her other cats started to stumble around the house.

A veterinarian technician asked Michelle if she had just turned on the furnace, and when she answered yes, Michelle said that she realized the house was full of carbon monoxide.

Firefighters told the couple that they did not know how the two were awake, let alone alive.

“It was pretty scary,” Michelle said. “We’re lucky people. Tiger here, he’s allowed in the house a bit more now, and he got some good tuna and gets lots of love, a little bit more now.”

The Ramsey’s were flown to the Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center in Columbus, where they recovered.

All their 19 cats which live around their property were OK.

“You take care of them, they take care of you,” Michele said.

Watch 10TV News and refresh for more information.