SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A Utah woman who nearly died after unknowingly drinking iced tea mixed with chemicals has been released from a Salt Lake City hospital.
University of Utah Health Care spokeswoman Marissa Villasenor confirmed Sunday that 67-year-old Jan Harding was released Saturday morning.
Harding has been slowly improving since Aug. 10, when she drank a single sip of sweetened iced tea at Dickey's Barbecue in South Jordan, a Salt Lake City suburb.
Family attorney Paxton Guymon has said an industrial cleaning solution mixed into the tea caused deep, ulcerated burns in Harding's esophagus.
Authorities have said a restaurant employee unintentionally put the heavy-duty cleaner in a sugar bag, and a worker later mistakenly mixed it into the iced tea dispenser.
Salt Lake County prosecutors have not announced whether charges will be filed.