SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Prosecutors say they need more time to determine if criminal charges are warranted against employees of a Utah restaurant where a woman nearly died after unknowingly drinking toxic tea.
Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill said it will likely take several more days to review evidence and interviews.
The woman who drank the tea, 67-year-old Jan Harding, has been improving and is in good condition.
Her husband and one of their adult sons are scheduled to speak publicly Thursday afternoon about what happened and how she's doing.
Authorities say a worker at Dickey's Barbecue in South Jordan unintentionally put a chemical cleaning compound that contained lye in a sugar bag last month. The substance ended up in the iced tea Aug. 10 after an employee mixed it into a beverage dispenser.