Man dies of injuries in apartment fire

ST. ALBANS, Vt. (AP) — Firefighters say a 72-year-old physically disabled man who was trapped in an apartment during a fire and suffered serious burns has died of his injuries.

Authorities got a 911 call early July 30 from Thomas Page of St. Albans and when they arrived, they heard him yelling for help. They went inside and carried Page, a double amputee, out. He later died of his injuries at Fletcher Allen Medical Center after suffering serious burns to his back and arms. Ten other people were evacuated from adjoining apartments.

The St. Albans Messenger reports (http://bit.ly/UMENuP) authorities believe the fire was caused by a cigarette.

___

Information from: St. Albans Messenger, http://www.samessenger.com

©2014 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.