Butte man burned while working on motor home

BUTTE, Mont. (AP) — A 42-year-old Butte man suffered severe burns on his face and upper body when he poured gas into a motor home's carburetor while someone else turned the ignition.

Butte-Silver Bow Sheriff Ed Lester tells The Montana Standard (http://bit.ly/1saA2au ) that the man was taken to the hospital in Butte and later flown to a burn unit for treatment of potentially life-threatening injuries. He did not know the man's condition on Friday.

Lester says the man was working on the motor home engine Thursday afternoon when the flaming gasoline was propelled at him, burning his face, chest, arms and hands.

The man was able to put the flames out by rolling in the nearby dirt with the assistance of a man who was working on the motor home with him.

The injured man's name was not released.

___

Information from: The Montana Standard, http://www.mtstandard.com

©2014 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.