NE Ind. boy's death consistent with CO poisoning

SYRACUSE, Ind. (AP) — An autopsy conducted on the body of a 12-year-old boy found dead inside his family's northeastern Indiana home has concluded that his death was consistent with carbon monoxide poisoning.

WANE-TV reports ( ) authorities are waiting for toxicology tests to be completed before they make a final determination in the case. The toxicology tests could take weeks to complete.

Two gas-powered generators were running inside the home where Skyler Spore of Syracuse was found dead Saturday.

The boy's parents and a sibling also were home at the time of his death.

Syracuse is about 30 miles southeast of South Bend.


Information from: WANE-TV,

©2016 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.