Police: Carbon monoxide may have killed 2 in home

COLONIE, N.Y. (AP) — An 82-year-old upstate New York woman and a 77-year-old man have been found dead inside a suburban Albany home.

Fire officials entered the home in Colonie late Thursday morning and found the man dead in a bed and the woman just outside the bedroom door. They are identified as John Lamena and Palma Nero.

Police say they may have died of carbon monoxide poisoning. A car was running in an enclosed garage and more than 10 times the lethal level of the gas was found inside the home, which is on a quiet cul-de-sac.

Authorities were contacted by co-workers of the woman when she didn't show up for work.

Foul play is not suspected and police say there are no apparent wounds.

Autopsies are scheduled for Friday.

©2014 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.