LANCASTER, Pa. (AP) — Carbon monoxide poisoning is being blamed for the deaths of a couple found in their central Pennsylvania home on Thanksgiving.
But Lancaster County prosecutors said Tuesday that they still haven't determined whether the deaths of 50-year-old Darryl Morton and his 54-year-old girlfriend Aida "Judy" Cora are the result of an accident, homicide or suicide.
A family member called police after finding the couple on Nov. 28. They'd been dead for several days.
Manheim Township police Chief William Kelly said the only source of combustion in the home was a car in the garage. He said the car had been backed into the garage, a push-button starter was on the front seat and the battery was dead.
The condition of the bodies made it difficult to determine a cause of death.