HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — The University of Hartford says the death of one of its students is a result of bacterial meningitis.
Vice President for Student Affairs Lee Peters said Saturday that state officials had confirmed the cause of death of senior Patrick Chittenden.
Peters says Chittenden was a student at the university's Hartt School of performing arts and lived off campus.
The symptoms of meningitis include fever, nausea and headache. Anyone experiencing those symptoms after being in close contact with Chittenden is asked to visit the campus health center.
The university says it is assisting Chittenden's roommates and friends with health matters.