ALBERTVILLE, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say accidental carbon monoxide poisoning killed a man who was the son of a north Alabama mayor and a reality television personality.
A coroner says Nicholas Honea died Thursday, the day before his 28th birthday.
Honea was the son of Albertville Mayor Tracy Honea. He was also a cast member on the second season of the CMT reality TV show "Redneck Island."
Marshall County Coroner Marlon Killion says Honea was overcome by carbon monoxide while operating a pressure washer inside a garage. The homeowner found him.
The assistant police chief in Albertville, Jaime Smith, calls Honea's death an unfortunate accident.