MAPLE GROVE, Minn. (AP) — Hennepin County health officials say they've got numerous calls from people who got sick after eating at a popular Maple Grove restaurant.
Health Department spokesman Bill Billknap tells KARE-TV (http://bit.ly/1hDtl8n ) they're looking into a suspected outbreak of norovirus at the Chuck E. Cheese restaurant last weekend and have contacted others who ate there using cash register receipts.
Billknap says health officials found others had gotten sick as well, including children, but no one required hospitalization.
Health Department investigators are inspecting the restaurant food prep and food handling areas, and checking with employees to see if any of them are sick.
Norovirus is a contagious virus that causes flu-like symptoms. You can get it from an infected person, contaminated food or water, or by touching contaminated surfaces.
Information from: KARE-TV, http://www.kare11.com