VICKSBURG, Miss. (AP) — A Warren County man has been hospitalized after being burned in what authorities say was an explosion in a meth lab operating out of a motor home.
Sheriff Martin Pace tells The Vicksburg Post (http://bit.ly/NuhYrQ ) that 42-year-old John C. Wiggins was hosing himself down with water when first responders arrived about 3:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Pace says after the fire was extinguished, investigators found chemicals commonly used to manufacture meth.
Wiggins was hospitalized Wednesday in the burn unit of Central Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson. His condition was unavailable. Pace says Wiggins suffered extensive burns to his upper body.
Pace says the Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics cleaned up the meth lab and disposed of the toxic chemicals.
No charges have been filed in the case. Pace says the investigation is continuing.
Information from: The Vicksburg Post, http://www.vicksburgpost.com