Man dies in northern Ohio duplex fire

LORAIN, Ohio (AP) — Authorities in northern Ohio say a 39-year-old man was killed in a fire over the weekend.

The Lorain County coroner said 39-year-old Lonnie Mullet died of burns and smoke inhalation in the fire early Sunday at a duplex in Lorain.

The (Lorain) Morning Journal (http://bit.ly/Phgjrn ) reports that arriving firefighters found smoke billowing from a rear kitchen window. Mullett was found in a small room off of the living room of one of the units.

Rescuers worked to revive Mullett, but he was pronounced dead later at a hospital.

Fire officials said the blaze could have been started by unattended cooking on the stove.

The adjacent unit was occupied at the time of the fire, but a firewall between the two units prevented it from spreading.

___

Information from: The Morning Journal, http://www.morningjournal.com

©2014 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.