Couple dies of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning

CROOKSTON, Minn. (AP) — A rural Crookston couple has died of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in their home and two young women are being treated.

Polk County sheriff's authorities say 49-year-old Kent Ostgaard and his 51-year-old wife, Natalie, were found dead after a 911 call Monday morning.

Twenty-two-year-old Aryanna Ostgaard was unconscious but still breathing. The sheriff's office says she was taken to a Grand Forks, N.D., hospital, but her location and condition could not be determined.

A 17-year-old girl found conscious inside the home was taken to RiverView Health in Crookston.

The Crookston Daily Times (http://bit.ly/1c2fZ9Y ) reports the Ostgaards have three children — a 22-year daughter, a middle child who attends University of Minnesota Duluth and a 17-year-old daughter.

Natalie Ostgaard was city editor at the Crookston Daily Times from 2002 to 2013.

___

Information from: Crookston Daily Times, http://www.crookstontimes.com

©2014 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.