FAIRMONT, W.Va. (AP) — Marion County's emergency chief says he concerned about a spate of carbon monoxide poisonings in the county.
Ten people have been hospitalized since Sunday, including seven workers at a Marcellus Shale pump station.
Marion County homeland security and emergency management director Chris McIntire tells The Times West Virginian (http://bit.ly/MKStT7 ) that there have been 30 total cases since January. The county typically sees five to 10 cases a year.
McIntire says he believes extreme cold weather is the reason for the increase.
Fairview Volunteer Fire Department chief Steve Gillespie says the seven workers who were sickened were working in a large unventilated tent containing two generators and several heaters on Sunday.
Three people were hospitalized Tuesday after a heating system in a house malfunctioned.
Information from: Times West Virginian, http://www.timeswv.com