TRENTON, N.J. (AP) — Gov. Chris Christie says he asked staff members to get more details about traffic tie-ups in Fort Lee last year soon after they were over and he heard they were a source of contention.
That's the account he gave Monday night on TownSquare Media's "Ask the Governor" radio show.
It stands in contrast to what the governor said two months ago, when he was asked about what he knew and when and joked that he personally moved the traffic cones.
Christie also acknowledged for the first time Monday that his office received a subpoena from a federal criminal investigation of the blocked lanes, which are said to have been part of a political retribution plot.
Christie denies he had anything to do with planning or authorizing the lane closures.