WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. (AP) — A coroner in central Pennsylvania says a couple found in a parked car inside a garage apparently died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Lycoming County Coroner Chuck Kiessling said Monday that the bodies of 40-year-old Keith Payton and 40-year-old Salina Johnson were discovered late Friday in a vehicle inside a garage near Williamsport.
Kiessling says authorities found marijuana and alcohol inside the vehicle.
The ignition was in the "on" position but the vehicle had run out of gasoline and a kerosene heater had run out of fuel by the time the victims were located.
Authorities detected high levels of carbon monoxide inside the garage, and Kiessling says blood tests were consistent with poisoning from the gas. Their bodies were released to funeral homes over the weekend.