15 pregnant sheep die in Parkston barn fire

PARKSTON, S.D. (AP) — A weekend barn fire northeast of Parkston killed 15 pregnant sheep.

Fire Chief Todd Lucas tells The Daily Republic (http://bit.ly/1f8FFyg ) that an electric heat lamp or a water tank heater likely caused the fire at the William Boddicker residence on Sunday night.

Lucas says flames had engulfed the barn by the time firefighters arrived, but they were able to quickly knock down the fire and save a nearby house.

___

Information from: The Daily Republic, http://www.mitchellrepublic.com

©2014 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.