SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — An electrical failure in a personal electronic device is likely to have started a fire that killed two women and injured five others in a California home for disabled adults.
Orange County Fire Authority spokesman Steve Concialdi said Wednesday that the device was in a resident's room. He declined to say what type of device it was.
The early morning blaze killed two women who lived at Mary's Home in Santa Ana.
Five others were injured, including a firefighter and the 71-year-old caretaker.
The group home was licensed for six people but had five residents living there.
The fire caused $375,000 in damage to the home and its contents.
The names of the dead and injured have not yet been released.