SPRINGFIELD, Minn. (AP) — An autopsy report says two men found dead in a south-central Minnesota farmhouse last week died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
The Brown County sheriff's office said Monday a damper on the furnace of the rural Springfield home was not functioning properly.
Authorities say the father of one of men called 911 at about 1:40 p.m. Friday. Upon arriving, deputies found 30-year-old Nathan Potter and 23-year-old Adam Jensen unresponsive. They were roommates.
The medical examiner has ruled the deaths accidental.