WASHINGTON (AP) — Public tours of the White House are back on the schedule, though on a limited basis, starting next month.
The schedule will be reduced from five days a week, to an average of three days a week, starting Nov. 5 and continuing through Jan. 15.
The White House scrapped the tours earlier this year after mandatory budget cuts went into effect. The cuts trimmed the budget for the Secret Service, which provides White House security. The agency said it was faced with either cutting the tours or furloughing employees because the cuts came midway through the year.
The Secret Service said Friday that the tours are being allowed to resume at a reduced pace because of the new budget year that began Oct. 1.