RENO, Nev. (AP) — A Reno man has ended a hunger strike aimed at bringing more attention to the plight of people suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
Robert Miller told the Reno-Gazette Journal on Wednesday he began taking food again late last week after receiving a phone call from an assistant U.S. Health Secretary Wanda Jones. He says she assured him federal officials will focus more attention on the little-understood disease that affects 1 million people, including Miller.
Miller had gone 11 days without eating. He says the commitment from Jones came after Senate Majority Harry Reid of Nevada contacted the secretary's office on his behalf.
Information from: Reno Gazette-Journal, http://www.rgj.com