MERIDEN, Conn. (AP) — Police have identified two people who died of carbon monoxide poisoning in Meriden after the blizzard.
Authorities say 18-year-old Zhane Brown and 20-year-old Carlos Rodriguez died while sitting in a car parked in a driveway off Webster Street. Police say the vehicle's tailpipe was blocked by snow and the windows were rolled up. Their bodies were found Sunday morning.
A friend of Brown's family told the Record-Journal of Meriden that Brown was pregnant. Rodriguez lived next door to her. Police say they apparently were sitting in the car listening to music.
Their deaths brought the number of storm-related deaths in Connecticut to seven.