INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indianapolis' hospitals are lifting restrictions they imposed last month on hospital visitors during Indiana's recent surge in flu cases.
The Marion County Health Department says the restrictions limiting who can visit patients will end Friday and be replaced by regular hospital visitation policies.
Health department Director Dr. Virginia Caine says flu activity has dropped significantly in Indianapolis after leveling off during the past two weeks. But she cautioned that the flu season does not officially end until April.
The restrictions were imposed Jan. 18 at all Marion County hospitals after flu activity in the state's most populous county reached its highest level since 2009.
State officials said last week that 43 Indiana residents have died from the flu this flu season.