HOMICIDE DETECTIVES CALLED TO SCENE WHERE WOMAN WAS SHOT

Police are looking for a gunman who shot a woman at a north Columbus apartment complex.

4 people sickened after dog vomits toxic chemical

EDWARDS, Colo. (AP) — Four people at an Edwards veterinary clinic were hospitalized after a dog that ingested what was likely rat poison vomited, filling the clinic with toxic fumes.

The Vail Daily reports (http://bit.ly/UlLX1a ) the dog vomited the chemical after being brought into the Vail Valley Animal Hospital on Friday. A news release from the Eagle River Fire Protection District says three people in the room showed signs of "respiratory distress" and were taken to a hospital for treatment. A fourth person who may have been exposed was taken to the hospital as a precaution.

The dog later died.

___

Information from: Vail Daily, http://www.vaildaily.com/

©2014 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.