3 treated for carbon-monoxide poisoning in NY

MASSAPEQUA, N.Y. (AP) — Police say three men are being treated for carbon-monoxide poisoning after they fell asleep in their RV in a parking lot on Long Island.

Nassau County police say the three men started feeling ill at about 3 a.m.

The men were parked in the Sunrise Mall parking lot in Massapequa. Police say the generator on their RV was apparently not ventilated properly.

The men were taken to a local hospital for treatment. Police said their injuries were not life threatening.

The men are employees of CNY Restoration and Development in Syracuse.

©2014 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.