CUMBERLAND, Ky. (AP) — A 9-month-old girl found dead in an eastern Kentucky home may have died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Harlan County Deputy Coroner James W. Rich told the Lexington Herald-Leader (http://bit.ly/PojSFb ) that fumes from a gasoline-powered generator being used to produce electricity for the mobile home apparently reached a high enough concentration in the living room to kill the child.
Rich said Monday that the autopsy on Jazmyne Whitehead isn't complete, but preliminary results indicate carbon monoxide poisoning. He said a baby can be overcome by a lesser concentration of the deadly gas.
The girl was found dead Friday evening at the home near Cumberland in Harlan County.
Information from: Lexington Herald-Leader, http://www.kentucky.com